The Daily Tribune, Saturday, 30 January 2010
LEGAZPI CITY - The Naval Forces Southern Luzon in
partnership with Office of Civil Defense led anew
an outreach project for the victims of Mayon
Volcano eruption in response to a call sounded
by Albay Gov. Joey Salceda for assistance.
The naval forces distributed rice to displaced
families in Amore resettlement area as part of the
Armed Forces of the Philippines and Office of
Civil Defense (OCD)joint project dubbed
"TARABANGAN: Sama-sama sa pagtulong para sa
mga Biktima ng Bulkang Mayon."
A resettlement area located in Bgy Anislag
in Daraga town is the relocation site for the
displaced families from Bgy Binitayan
and Bgy Bañag who were directly affected by
Salceda said the said relocation would reduce
the number of evacuees during Mayon eruptive
episodes and allow schools, which are being
used as evacuation center, to function normally
and limit the displacement of pupils.
Apart from rice distribution,the Navymen also
conducted feeding to children at the evacuation sites.
The Philippine Navy is one of the steady partners
of local government units to mitigate the
effect of disaster in the region.
Earlier this year, Philippine Navy Chief,
Vice Admiral FerdinandGolez directed all naval
units to sustain efforts in developing robust
disaster response posture to continue as
credible and relevant partner of the people in
disaster mitigation responsive in the current times.
A similar activity was also held in Bgy Padang,